- As United Methodists we believe that all people are created in the image of God and that all people are being called into a transforming relationship with God. Those who respond to this grace offered by God are called to minister to the world. In this way the world is being transformed into what God desires it to be.
- As Chapel Hill UMC we are on a journey together seeking individual transformation and the transformation of our community. All of this work is done under the direction and power of God’s grace.
- United Methodists come in all sizes, shapes, colors, dispositions, outlooks and life stories, but share a unique history and faith perspective. Our members speak many languages and live in many countries.
- No matter how or where they serve Jesus Christ, United Methodists do God’s work in a unique structure—referred to as “the connection.” This concept has been central to Methodism from its beginning.
- Connectionalism comes to life through our clergy appointment system, our mission and outreach, and through our collective giving. No one congregation can do all these ministries, but together—through the power of our connection—we can make a tremendous difference.